- ⏰ 2 hours ago (Updated 1 hour ago)
- Julian Russo
Apple is taking it to the next level by offering the 4th beta of iOS 15.5, iPadOS 15.5, watchOS 8.6, tvOS 15.5 and macOS 12.4 tonight. As usual, new builds are available to developers exclusively for a short time before rolling out to public testers.
Developers, to your downloads!
Registered developers can now Download the fourth beta of the next big software evolution for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Mac. Obviously it is necessary to have a compatible device, which will also concern public testers who will have access in the 24 hours max.
To install beta 4 of iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5, go to the settings of iPhone and iPad then in “General” you will find “Software Update”.
The beta is also available from Apple Developer Center.
New in iOS 15.5
Several new features have been spotted in previous betas of iOS 15.5:
- New references to the upcoming “Apple Classical” app suggest the launch is near.
- In the Apple Cash section of the Wallet app, there are “Request” and “Send” buttons to make money management easier.
- Universal Control in iPadOS 15.5 requires macOS Monterey 12.4.
- Apple continues to develop its “SportsKit” API as it prepares to launch Friday Night Baseball.
- Apple has renamed the iTunes Pass in Wallet to “Apple Balance”.
- The Photos app now has a list of Holocaust-related ‘sensitive locations’, so photos taken there will never be added to a summary
- External payments finally show up in iOS 15.5.
- Viewing HomePod WiFi Quality on the Home App
How to install macOS 12.4
As for iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5, the download is currently reserved for developers only, a choice made by Apple in the event of a critical bug.
The installation is carried out in the “System Preferences” and in the section “Software Update”.
Beware of developers who work daily from their Mac, it is not advisable to jump directly to the first betas, for obvious reasons of stability.
watchOS 8.6 and tvOS 15.5
Also note that watch OS 8.6 and tvOS 15.5 beta 4 are available for developers. Direction the “Watch” application on the iPhone and “Settings” on the Apple TV to install the fourth beta.